Sunday, July 5, 2009

Project - "The Balance"

Today opened up a whole new perspective in getting something for the darn right of earning it. You might not get what I am trying to blabber in the next couple of paragraphs, but bare with me.

I'm picturing myself deciding on menu listings in Nandos (yes, thats what I can think of now). 1/4 chicken, 8 bucks ish or a slab or two of sidelines along with it for 14 ish. It's 6 bucks worth of difference, but that slab could well satisfy my hunger.

My 1/4 chicken priority is an upfront Rm3000
My sidelines are well over an additional Rm1600
My verdict is Rm4600?? not impossible but the timeline exists as shortened or lengthened.

You could well say, (1) "wow what a spoilt brat" - I'm working towards getting it, are you? (2) "Why something so costly?" - It's what I prioritise and what I need, well planned, and without it, it's meaningless. (3) "Don't everyone need everything?" - Very true, but if you're one of those who contributed a milestone for me to achieve it, you will know.

My point is this, I have a hard time avoiding sidelines, and I can say, we all do. The main course is well targeted with a headshot marker as if it was Counter Strike, but it's how long before I achieve it while I finish eating my sidelines.

I lay out a list each month of what I prioritise, very effective I must tell you. By the end of the month, I strike out those that no longer interest me, it's that sudden impulse when you see something when the affection only lasts a few days. I can easily put 5 items on it in just 2 days, only to find 1 at the end of the month, or sometimes none by the end of the week. Then i sort them out in priority, another strike marker for those unneeded-s.

Today, I realise my sideline was right in my face, a headshot of 1600 - the best option for the balance of future expansion and current specifications. I won't bother giving details here, but you are welcomed to ask, it's not really interesting for you I can say.

The only 2 items left on my monthly summary of prioritised required items, comes to the sum of 4600. Gosh I so need more strength and self discipline than I already have with cash.

I consider (1) having more home cooked breakfasts - saves more than eating out so I won't have to worry about hunger in the noon (2) drinking more water bottled from home - so I don't have to get more from outdoors and keep my hydrated and hunger-free (or at least I think) (3) bring more home contained food - cut back from eating out (4) cycling to designated hang out spots eventho I might stink - don't have to look for public transport, exercise and sacrifices have to made right?

I call this Project "The Balance" otherwise known as PTB, and it starts on Monday. Yes! So don't ask me why I bring more bottled waters around or home made food.

No comments: