Thursday, September 3, 2009

Accessibility

I've been wondering myself, without a car, how the heck would I go location hopping? I'd die to get a car and be able to legally drive it, no shit. The question is: How am I already do it then?
Call me crazy, but fact is, whatever I use as transportation to various places are in fact Environmental Friendly.

The Excluded:
0) Taxi
Sometimes to get to places too far in a required short period of time, at least a vehicle like a car would do the job, I'd stay away as much as possible from it tho, seeing how
reckless
crude
dirty
smelly
ineffective
laughable
swear-able
annoying
destination refusing
expensive
(and a list of 10x10^100 more by locals and expatriates)
most taxi drivers are to commuting citizens.

The Included:
1) Bicycle*
Be it a roadie or MTB, it gets you there. I've never actually had a foul sense towards a bicycle as a commuting transport, in fact always the first to look around for routes for travelling to a certain destination. Malaysian weather can reach up to scorching hot temperatures and the best time to travel on a bike is either in the afternoon, evening or night.

To Hartamas for a MTB is safer accessible thru Damansara. Peaking through it then descending pass our national golf ball (The Nation Science Centre for Pete's Sake). Searing through the highway is generally not recommended, however the side "Pedestrian Lane" of the highway is rather clear (did I mention it is also an entrance point for Kiara MTB Trail. Definitely, if you haven't check it out, go now!). For a road bike, use the highway at your own risk.

To TTDI? Turn left on Plan A entrance of MTB Trail 3/4 along the Kiara "Pedestrian Lane" of the highway. make a quick left upon ascending and you'd end up on a shared trail of your MTB and BKEC's horses. Go on straight to end up on a doubletrack, follow trail and make a left on the next intersection. Follow on and a quick right to jogger's path. Follow along jogger's path to end up on the other end of KLGCC. If you're lucky enought, you could have just gone thru the KLGCC shortcut (members only permitting for cars, I'm yet to try it on a bike). For road bikes, good luck on the LDP highway. *I'm not responsible for your loss in the jungle, however I greatly recommend a GPS or Pat's Kiara Map if you ever try going in alone or with friends. Don't ask how I remember my route.

2) LRT/MRT/GMT
Even though Malaysian timing isn't really GMT +8, the Light Rail Transit (LRT) is useful for most people. Most MRT (Malaysian Rubber Time - our production of rubber here is so high, that as rubber stretches, time does to) infused Malaysians are always complaining about the highway congestion or peak hour jams when they don't take the time to go tad earlier, no shit. LRT gets you there and back instantaneously, PROVIDED you're heading to city center or within that vicinity. Also, no bicycles allowed? Come on...

3) "Rapid" KL
Ok, I might be over judgemental here, but apposed to their GM's new plan for better rapid KL routes. It's seemingly faster (but more expensive) now. Take the bus to get to LRT stations but if you're heading far, it's a hassle.

4) Don't Go
You save money, and you save the planet from your Methane Emission (I kid, if it were true we'd all be dead by now, so lets be realistic here, =D)

*You might not find your bike to be user friendly to other cars or busses on the road, they just come at you like you're the underdog. Pointer: To ignore, you have your right to cruise along the road. They're in fault if you ever end up in an accident, how much damage can a bike do to a car anyway for common sense? Rip the guts out of a passenger? I beg to differ. (My little rant on most car inconsiderate a*sholes)

Verdict: I don't really need a car, but if you're willing to give one to me, my arms are wide open!

No comments: