Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Gotta Feeling

Yesterday was a bummer, honestly.
To sum it up - No eggs, go buy eggs, 1/2 an hour for taxi, arrived at BV2 to get eggs, no ride back, raining, wet, soaked, 1/2 an hour wait for 5 min taxi journey, arrived home, soaked, smelly, cook eggs, no gas, neighbour showering, 1/2 an hour
wait.

As I said yesterday on twitter that today was gonna be awesome. I was right.

I had to wake up at 7.30 to wash up and freshen up to leave with Joel to Hartamas. Heck it was raining, and ain't it the predictable type. One minute I'm pushing my bike out and it starts to pour, I push it back in, and turn on my TV, it goes back to drizzle.

So hey, all is not lost, we managed to get to Hartamas at 10am. Started trailing at, 10.40.

For all of you out there who normally go by the Equestrian Club intersection of the trail, I strongly recommend you to go straight ahead up on rumpy pumpy when you come to the trail head at P15.

Turning to the right would only lead you to the Slide Zone, only to come back to where you started off, with mossie bites everywhere.


Those red spots are mossie bites (obvious enough), and they swarm you in packs of say I don't know, 15 - 20? The mossie dance wouldn't do it to chase them away. Even as you cycle they'll stick to you. Slap your legs, and you'd find 6 killed in one shot. Lesson learnt, wear EXTRA mossie repellant to Kiara Trails (I did, ample of em').

Today's ride was not my usual trails hikes. I'd only know me way ONCE I enter rumpy pumpy (which we only saw coming back out) because as confusing as the trail head maybe, I seem to only remember to inner trails for some reason - which are more confusing. We took a different route today up Slide Zone and back down. Now that I know my way in, I'm fully fledged as a guide through out Kiara Trails to Summit 1 (and where mosquitoes don't swarm on you)

My slip coming down hill caused my quite a scratch on legs.
It was bleeding before this, but heck alcohol swipes did the job.

Ended up using Jogger's Trail instead to get to TTDI, the whole point was to get there through trailing anyway. I was the hare because I had the trail map stuck on my bike.
Being good friends (uh huh), we had to visit Ash Li. Tho for the 2 "smartest" reasons - (1) To get back Keefe's watch, (2) To get back internet connection for her.

Pictures speak louder than words (when you're tired, if you're on facebook, check it out)

No comments: