Thursday, July 31, 2008

Malaysian Taxis

Ok I wanna go somewhere and need a transport -
- I call the cab company
- "Yea, hello I'm calling from..."
- God knows what the hell are they doing on the other side of the phone
- Chatting away AS I am telling them my destination
- Put me on hold for 15 minutes...
- ...and so I put down the phone after giving them my returning call number
- 30 minutes, 30 MINUTES later, they call back
- asking me why I put down the phone
- God, cause you're taking so heck long
- Spending more cash on my phone bill you morons
- Seemingly an important and urgent meeting I have to attend
- My theory is, they tell me they are on the way when the taxi is én routé to the other destination first!
- In a normal catch-a-taxi situation, you get in to the taxi then they'll ask for your destination with the outmost upright morality
- NOT HERE
- You have to ask for your destination and WAIT FOR THEIR approval on whether they WANT to send ya over
- What's a taxi for then anyway?!
- Ticketing systems are set up to avoid taxis from overcharging you at airports and/or terminals.
- Taxi's picking you up there asks you for extra and if not fulfilled...
- ...they'd be a blardy suck-up and shout at you
- Furthermore dropping you along side of streets...
- Now shouldn't they be sacked?!
- This isn't ALL taxi drivers, but MOST!
- They are still some friendly easy conversation starting fellas out there...
- ...and they aren't getting nothing special?!

____________________

Night, on a full moon!
My neighbour's playing on his flute -
out of tune!

No comments: