Friday, November 20, 2009

Wrong & Defective Product

To me, Apple's customer care and after-purchase service is really good - but it still lacks. Why do I name this post wrong & defective?


I had always wanted to get a new pair of headphones for myself after say, 2 years without them (or at least 3rd party). I finally did today, decided to pamper myself a bit - tis' the season. I got myself a new pair of iPod headphones for rm129. Not the price you'd pay for, but like I said, I'm pampering myself after 2 years without em + Christmas. 


Machines in Lot 10 did make me smile ever since I set foot in to the store. Customer service is great, but theres more. 


The train ticket from Bangsar to KLCC with the Kelana Jaya line, to and fro is exactly rm4, plus the walking distance, which I obviously don't mind. All in all it is very very cheap (not to mention green effective too!)


Never would I have thought that I'd open a box, to find the supposedly sealed white packet, unsealed, with the wrong product, and not to mention defective also. 
Box states, "Earphones with Remote and Mic", 
I got "Earphones with yellow decolourised jack with a blown left bud and torn rubber tip"






Instead of Bangsar, I got down at Midvalley's stop, knowing that they house Machines also. Took them roughly half an hour to get it resolved and here's where my suggestion comes in. Instead of me going back to the original store to get it changed where it includes me going there again (which is honestly quite far), why can't you guys implement a simple immediate change? The receipts all you need for the next round of stock count and shipment.


Imma clarify a few things, I do not think it would be Apple's fault to have a wrong and defective product inside. Someone clearly swapped the products and sealed the box back pretty well. Who? That's no longer my business (but hey - F*ck you! Pay for what you want instead will ya?!). Apple's great, kudos to the customer service who worked their ass off to remedy the situation, making calls and what not.


Don't get ahead of me now. I'm just gonna see what happens as I plan my next journey down to Lot 10 to get it changed, hopefully for the better.


Update 1: Just got off the phone with the store manager of Lot 10, all seems well. (20/11/09)


Update 2: Just got the headphones exchanged, no questions asked. Journey there was a breeze (22/11/09)

No comments: